Worst mistake ever!

Portrait

I am curious to know if there are any specific things you did that make you cringe whenever you recall them? We should learn from our mistakes anyway. Once, my friends invited me for a day of shooting. Excited about impressing, I purchased expensive ND filters. Much as they liked it, I regretted spending a couple of dollars that I would have invested elsewhere!

Fairytale Studios

I once had a client who wore flamboyant wigs. Unfortunately, one time a hair came out and stuck to my lens. I had no idea! I certainly couldn't see it while shooting. I didn't realize the mistake until I looked at the photos later that night. I would've checked them while I was shooting, but she was in a rush. It was one of my first clients. Thankfully she got a laugh out of it and understood.

ePIC

I paid big bucks for a class by a local photographer. It turned out pretty useless in the end because the photographer backed out of critiquing our work and he wasn't very hands-on as promised.

Rachel

I regretted spending a couple of dollars that I would have invested elsewhere!
I hear you! I bought tons of extra props and software when I first started my wedding photography and videography business. Boy did I regret buying all that stuff! There's a lot that I never used. None of it was expensive, but it was such a waste of money.

Kuki

I paid big bucks for a class by a local photographer. It turned out pretty useless in the end because the photographer backed out of critiquing our work and he wasn't very hands-on as promised.
I did the same thing. Well, kind of. I paid for an online course that cost a lot of money, only to find all the information freely available online. I felt so stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc