Will content creators swoon over Panasonic Lumix DC-G100?

ePIC

So far reviews seem pretty mixed about Panasonic's latest hybrid camera that's geared towards content creators. It's supposed to make vlogging a snap with a directional microphone and V-Log L pre-installed. It's also fairly lightweight though not as light as a smartphone. It can record in 4K, but that's something we've come to expect. The camera won't fully debut until July.

Fairytale Studios

I'm a fan of Panasonic's video cameras; they've always been my go-to recorder. But they've made some big mistakes with this camera, especially with the audio which you can't monitor for some strange reason.

Paul Stevens

Their latest video camera is taking a beating on a few review channels, but I think it will get the job done. It's a speedy recorder that can produce 4K videos. It has directional audio and tracking. I'm sure it will appeal to YouTubers. I think it's important to remember that this is more of a hobbyist recorder with a decent price tag.

Mobile 5

Their latest video camera is taking a beating on a few review channels

I wouldn't trust those. It could be the competitors paying people to do that. Ever since that Yelp thing.......

I think Panasonic is making a solid product here. They have made some missteps in the past, but they all have.

ZoomShot

I have just read a very extensive review of the Panasonic Lumix DC-G100 and it gave quite a few good reasons why this is a good choice for a vlogger. In fact, it describes the camera as the "ultimate vlogging solution!" I would like to see one in action, to see if the claims are true.

ZoomShot

Incidentally, good retailers will order in the model for you and let you "test-drive" the camera, just as you would do if you bought a car. So there is no need to buy blind. Why should you, when the market is so competitive nowadays?

Chappel

When you are thinking of buying a camera, make sure it will fit your existing range of lenses. Also try to find out what is planned for the future of the model range. And, ( don't forget this one! ) there may be cashback deal on your old camera body, so if you are not going to need this, it will help with your upgrade.

The Aire

I think the bad reviews are from people who expect more than what it is made to do. This doesn't have to be industrial grade worthy of the best movie studios; it just has to be top of the line for You Tubers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc