Wildlife Photography

WidestScreen

Does anyone have experience with wildlife photography? A friend of mine got a job taking photos of birds at a wildlife center. I think that there would be a lot of challenges with wildlife photography, especially if the animal isn't interesting in cooperating with the portrait!

PerfectClick

I don't think that wildlife photography has any challenges since the animals in question are in their natural habitat. It should be fun doing this assignment! Can your friend identify all the bird species?

Pixels

Photographing wildlife has to be adventurous! Also, there is the thrill and quiet of nature. How did your friend land this job? Is this their specialty niche? It shouldn't be a challenge to capture birds in their natural habitat!

Amanda Louise

I'm so jealous! I love taking pictures of birds that visit my feeder. I've even framed a few of them! Are the birds that your friend is photographing wild birds or are they residents at the wildlife center? Either way, this sounds like lots of fun!

WidestScreen

Wow, thank you all for the questions!
@PerfectClick, I think my friend can identify all the bird species are the nature center! He majored in biology and art, so I wouldn't be surprised if he can!

@Pixels
From what I understand, my friend interned at the wildlife center that is having him do the photographs. I think it's all about having connections and being in the right place at the right time.

@Amanda Louise
The birds at the center are resident birds. The center does education, so they are the education birds that they keep there. They might also have him do some wild birds that live near the center, but I'm not sure.

PerfectClick

If he majored in Biology, then that is an advantage. However, there are countless bird species, and it takes an extra effort to know all of them. A friend who works in a national park has a book that describes all the bird species.

Plankton

I bet it'll be challenging to get the angle in this one because your friend will have to be extra careful so as not to scare the birds. It was the same for me when I would take pictures of dragonflies as a hobby.

Amanda Louise

@WidestScreen
That is so cool he has the opportunity to do portraits of those education birds. I'm so jealous. When I've gone on tours of wildlife centers and zoos, I always have my camera out. But it seems that the birds and animals just don't want to look my way for very long! I hope your friend has better luck.

WidestScreen

@WidestScreen
That is so cool he has the opportunity to do portraits of those education birds. I'm so jealous. When I've gone on tours of wildlife centers and zoos, I always have my camera out. But it seems that the birds and animals just don't want to look my way for very long! I hope your friend has better luck.
Sometimes it's about being in the right place at the right time to snag that perfect wildlife shot! I love going on hikes and walks with my camera and seeing what interesting moments I can capture. You just have to be lucky!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc