When to Use Single System for Audio?

Mandy

Using the single system when recording audio spares the time of syncing the sound with the video, while the double system would require matching the recorded audio with the video at a later phase. I know it's more convenient doing the work in one go with a single system but the quality might get affected. I'm not sure about the kind of projects that will be suitable for it.

ePIC

I mostly use a single system when I'm shooting action scenes. I will go back and narration and such, but I use one system to shoot the scene and action. I use a GoPro with a mic.

LifeCaptured

I could see it working if you're shooting a documentary that is conducted through an interview style. However, I don't believe a single-system recording is common today.

Plankton

When it comes to making films, the majority may no longer prefer the single system sound especially since the movie-making industry is highly competitive now. No one would settle for mediocre background sounds anymore. This type of system would be mainly advisable for news, wherein complex sound effects aren't needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc