When a client doesn't meet the price

ClickExpert

Have you ever taken up work in the hope that it would open up other opportunities? When starting, it is easy for a photographer or videographer to accept work irrespective of the cost. Has this ever happened to you?

Beck

When you first start out, your main goal is to get a good name in the business. One way to do that is to be known as being reasonable with your cost and good at your craft.

So yes, the cost is secondary at first.

Plankton

At the start of any career, I think it is expected that the salary or money someone will gain from his or her work wouldn't be that big. Especially since the person would still be in the process of gaining experience and proving one's worth.

Vivid

Some opportunities are hard to come by, especially when a photographer is just starting. I have taken some jobs in the hope that they would open other doors. As a newbie, the idea is to give your best and not care so much about profit.

ClickExpert

On the other hand, continually quoting a 'fair' price even after gaining exposure and experience can be detrimental. A friend of mine has set a minimum amount with minimal bargaining terms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc