What's next for BMD

ePIC

In the past it has seemed like BMD puts out something new every year, or at least every other year. If the company sticks with that tradition, then we should see something new fairly soon. What do you think is coming down the pipeline next? An 8K cam? A new micro with a stronger, more finely-tuned sensor?

Rachel

I'm sure 8K will be next, but I doubt it will be very useful considering what a struggle it still is with 4K and 6K. I can't imagine many pros will buy an 8K TV when there's little 8K content produced. And how many customers will own an 8K TV to appreciate the stunning work you've done?

LifeCaptured

Considering that Blackmagic made a big announcement in April about lowering prices on their pocket cam, I doubt we'll see something new until 2021 or later honestly. It's not the best time to release equipment considering the state of the economy and the social distancing that's still going on. I could be wrong though.

Pixels

Considering that Blackmagic made a big announcement in April about lowering prices on their pocket cam, I doubt we'll see something new until 2021 or later honestly. It's not the best time to release equipment considering the state of the economy and the social distancing that's still going on. I could be wrong though.
The timing is not right, because the economy has taken a hit as a result of COVID-19. I haven't heard of any new releases except for those devices/equipment that are at an advanced stage. Lowering prices of the pocket cams but still maintaining the desired quality doesn't sound bad, after all.

Mobile 5

It's not the best time to release equipment considering the state of the economy and the social distancing that's still going on. I could be wrong though.

No offense, but I would like to think you are. Also because of the pandemic, competition is stiffer which could mean quality getting better while the prices remain basically the same. They all want our business.

Markshot 12

8k isn't going to happen anytime soon.

I'm sure 8K will be next, but I doubt it will be very useful considering what a struggle it still is with 4K and 6K. I can't imagine many pros will buy an 8K TV when there's little 8K content produced. And how many customers will own an 8K TV to appreciate the stunning work you've done?

And that ^ explains why fairly well. Money is tight everywhere right now, and few people are going to splurge money to buy new toys.

This really is the perfect "Which came first, the chicken or the egg" example.

Derek

I am no expert, but I have been reading a lot about this lately. I also think that 8K is still in the distant future. This year has pretty much ruined everything for everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc