What you need to know!

Editor

DSLR's continue to become the predominant devices for shooting documentaries and a popular choice for narrative filmmakers. What do most photographers or videographers overlook most of the time? Aspect ratio, focal length, and depth of field are some factors that determine the overall quality of production!

Pixels

Photography is an art, and at times, making mistakes is a pathway to getting better at the craft. Most times, photographers go for shots that are not sharp enough. Whereas intentional blur is a common choice, a photographer needs to have control of the sharpness!

LifeCaptured

What do most photographers or videographers overlook most of the time?
Sometimes I catch myself and others getting lost in the special effects and artistry while shooting instead of focusing on the story. While these flourishes are nice, they often add little to the story and might even take away from it.

Editor

Sometimes I catch myself and others getting lost in the special effects and artistry while shooting instead of focusing on the story. While these flourishes are nice, they often add little to the story and might even take away from it.
Absolutely! Also, some photographers assume that the special effects will improve an otherwise poorly captured shot. As you say, the story we want to tell should guide us!

Paul Stevens

Lately I feel like there's a growing trend towards photographers who have forgotten about their own safety in order to take the perfect shot. It just isn't worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc