War Photographers

The Aire

Back in the day, people sat up and took notice of photographs taken in the middle of war. There is something about stills that makes them a more suitable alternative to get the message out that war is hell.

Do you think there will be a standout photograph coming out of Ukraine?

TruthSeeker

Do you think there will be a standout photograph coming out of Ukraine?
Indeed, especially with the advancement of tools now. Cameras are all over, and the internet is updated every day. However, I don't think a single photograph would be enough to capture Ukraine's tenacity and spirit.

SamanthaL.

Yes, it's already happening. Except this time, I suspect the images are coming from regular citizens who are snapping pics with their smartphones and sharing them on social media.

Lily Stew

Except this time, I suspect the images are coming from regular citizens who are snapping pics with their smartphones and sharing them on social media.
That's true. Smartphones now are enough tools to capture a high-quality picture. Regardless, there are still those who will go to great lengths to get that photograph that will make you stop and look. I only hope anyone looking to snap a picture will remain safe.

Josslyn

Yes, we are already seeing so many horrific pictures of the damage. We are also seeing heroic pictures of the Ukraine people. I am sure we will continue to see more and more pictures.

Willa

I have huge respect for those who go and take photographs of war zones. They are risking their lives so that the rest of the world can be informed. I've already heard of several journalists who have passed away in Ukraine.

Mandy

War pictures will always be something that will push me to stop and stare. I can only imagine what the photographers would feel while they snap a picture of such a situation. We can only make sense of the occurrence in a political light, but it will always remain irrational.

WidestScreen

I've seen so many photos come out of Ukraine. Each one saddens me, and I'm constantly reminded of how valiant and brave the photographers are who take the pictures. I always find war photographs arresting, and the ones from Ukraine are no different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc