Unnecessary Sequels

WidestScreen

What do you think was the most unnecessary sequel ever made? I would put in my vote for some of the direct to DVD Disney sequels. I remember watching them when I was a kid, but I couldn't tell you what they were about!

Rachel

I agree with you, there are tons of unnecessary sequels that get produced every year. I'm not sure if this counts as a sequel, but the Disney remakes were nothing more than a money grab.

WidestScreen

I agree with you, there are tons of unnecessary sequels that get produced every year. I'm not sure if this counts as a sequel, but the Disney remakes were nothing more than a money grab.
I'd consider the Disney live action remakes reboots, but I also definitely think that they were completely unnecessary! If I want to watch The Lion King, then I'm going to go watch the already perfectly good original version!

TruthSeeker

I can't remember any unnecessary movie sequels, but I agree that remakes can be a waste. Usually, I look forward to a continuation of a movie because it gets to highlight other characters. Maybe this is why series are a thing now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc