Underwater drone

LifeCaptured

Are there any underwater drones that can shoot videos and pictures for a decent price? How difficult are underwater drones to use in general? I have experience with filming underwater, but I don't have much practice with drones.

Paul Stevens

How much is too much? Chasing Dory is a palm-sized underwater drone that runs around $400. It has a full HD camera and it has several promising reviews. Check out this one from CNET:

Reel Media

That was the drone that I was going to suggest too, @Paul Stevens. It is a good budget drone. I own one and it takes good images and is simple to work. I can't say enough good things about it.

Vivid

I don't have much experience with underwater filming, but I imagine that the drones are expensive. Are you keen on pursuing underwater photography? Choosing this method is an excellent way to start!

WidestScreen

This looks really cool! I love the ocean and sea life, and this seems like a neat way to get some really cool shots! I wonder if there are any settings to compensate for murky water?

Mandy

You'll also have to consider if you would want a wireless drone because most underwater drones are usually connected to a floating buoy to prevent it from getting lost. It might not float away but sea creatures may take an interest and play with it.

Vid Syd

That would be my concern as well. I was going to say put it in a cage and submerge it, but that would defeat the purpose of mobility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc