Unbiased advice

vlog2020

This forum is great because it is one place where people are giving unbiased opinions. I realize from experience that a lot of blogs are just giving glowing reviews in order to sell products they are promoting.

vlog2020

By the way, I am looking for the best camera for use in outdoor vlogging, with a medium range budget. I have heard good things about Panasonic, so I'm looking for something which is relatively lightweight to use.

Chappel

Hey, I have just been reading some reviews of this model: The Panasonic Lumix DC-G100. It is basically designed to target the vlogger and YouTube market. The reviews, on the whole, are really good. Why not check it out?

Beck

Check it out and then pay attention to the specs. From there, look at competing brands with the same or similar specs and, if you can afford, try those.

vlog2020

I have already bought a microphone, it is a FiFine K669. It's very cheap and is designed for use with laptops. The idea is that I lay an audio track over my edited video. I am just at the beginning stage with all of this, though.

vlog2020

Also, I must add, I have realized that talking into a microphone is an art that is hard to master. I think I need a lot of practice to sound confident. It has been a long time since I have carried out any public speaking, so I need to work on this. Perhaps some people are just naturals?

Chappel

Here are three tips on how to record your voice effectively -
1. Slow down and remember to breathe between sentences or phrases.
2. Avoid saying,"um", "err", "kind of", or other filler words.
3. Try to just be yourself, and not put on a different voice.
The rest is just practice.

Mobile 5

Good advice. Practice is the key I think. I for one don't like how I sound when I hear my voice play back from a recording. Practicing these tips and playing them back will help you get comfortable with your own voice.

Portrait

Check it out and then pay attention to the specs. From there, look at competing brands with the same or similar specs and, if you can afford, try those.
I agree because the main aim is to get value for your money. It could take time to compare, but at the end of the day, you will purchase what is not only affordable but also specific to your needs.

Beck

I agree because the main aim is to get value for your money. It could take time to compare, but at the end of the day, you will purchase what is not only affordable but also specific to your needs.
Which is why your needs should be on par with what you can afford. Chances are, if you're eyeing one for 4K and you can afford it, your experience will match your budget and the capabilities of the equipment. Too many rookies want to jump right in with the expensive models and take forever to learn everything about them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc