Trash the dress

SamanthaL.

What do you guys think of those photoshoots where the bride purposefully trashes her wedding dress? I can see the creativity in it, but gosh, I can't imagine wrecking a dress that cost so much money.

Willa

This is the first I've heard of these photo shoots! The only way I could see myself wrecking a wedding dress is if someone else paid for it.

Rachel

I've photographed many of these. Believe it or not, they're often faked. Well, the photography is real, and a real dress does get ruined, but it's not the wedding dress at all. It's a cheap look-alike in many cases.

The Aire

If there's an audience for it, more power to them. They're not hurting anyone or anything, they're just having fun with the occasion. I'm not a fan, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

JamesinJ

I've photographed many of these. Believe it or not, they're often faked. Well, the photography is real, and a real dress does get ruined, but it's not the wedding dress at all. It's a cheap look-alike in many cases.
That makes so much sense to use a "stunt double" dress. I wouldn't have thought of that on my own. I wonder where people find the cheap look alike dresses?

TheBlueElephant

Gosh, that does sound like fun! I've seen videos where the bride is launched into a lake. Another video I saw had the bride covered in mud. People are so creative! I hope I get to do one of these shoots sometime.

Josslyn

I actually did this! It was great fun! I used a knock-off dress, not my actual wedding dress. I love when the brides get creative! I've never seen one in mud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc