Timely or timeless?

Madhatter

If you were given an opportunity to write for a film, what type of stories you are interested in writing? Which one do you think would be more thought-provoking? A timely story about recent social issues or a timeless story about humanity? What about a timely story with a timeless theme?

ShutterUp

I would focus on a story highlighting a historical event or focus on a theme touching on societal issues meant to educate, emphasize, or remind the population of their role in advancing a particular theme. Have you written a film before?

Vivid

How about a story that combines the two issues concurrently. I think that there are no limits to what is conceivable, depending on the resources at hand. It would be best for me to write a story and direct or produce it too.

Madhatter

Wondering about it because of how people are talking about films related to pandemic recently due to Covid-19. It’s interesting to see how people found these films relatable, even though those films are made way earlier than this pandemic.

Lighthouse

Relationships is a timeless theme. Love, dysfunction, etc.... Movies like Titanic and Sling Blade will stand the test of time because the subject matter in both have been a part of mankind forever.

That's what I would write.

SushiRoll

Wondering about it because of how people are talking about films related to pandemic recently due to Covid-19. It’s interesting to see how people found these films relatable, even though those films are made way earlier than this pandemic.
I think you can always find something to relate to in any piece of media, regardless of when it was made. There is a reason that people are still reading and enjoying books that were written hundreds of years ago. The human experience is relatable, regardless of where you are in history.

EyeView

I think I'd be writing a timeless story. It would probably be something that isn't even happening in actuality but could be mere thoughts of an individual with Alzheimer's or during its progression. That disease is just soul-wrecking so I guess it will say a lot about humanity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan