Theater vs Movies

Stephen

Have you ever been to the theater? Would you say that live theater is somewhat more artistic than film? I personally don't think so, but then again, I am not a big fan of theater. But what are your thoughts?

LifeCaptured

I think it's more artistic on behalf of the actors AND the audience. The play actors don't get any do-overs and the audience members have to be able to use their imagination to make it come to life.

Anastasia

I am not a fan of plays to be honest, simply because they all seem to be too dramatic for my liking. I don't think we can discount the artistic aspect of films compared to theater plays.

Rachel

With theater, they have to do more with less. That's always going to be true. So, I have to tip my hat to them for knocking it out of the park artistically. Movie directors often rely on CGI and other special effects. That just doesn't seem as artistic to me.

Mandy

I adore both of these works, but I feel more impact watching the theater because the performance is live. You'll notice that the pressure is on with everyone aiming to make the play a success.

Silva

With theater, they have to do more with less. That's always going to be true. So, I have to tip my hat to them for knocking it out of the park artistically. Movie directors often rely on CGI and other special effects. That just doesn't seem as artistic to me.
I agree. Theater artists really have to work harder than movie actors. Just think about improv plays for instance. I don't think I could ever come up with so much material so fast!

EyeView

I wasn't into the theater before because I've thought that actors and actresses seem so exaggerated. I didn't find it genuine until I learned that such emotional acting was necessary to get the message across. After that, I started liking theater works more.

Sweet Takes

I am a huge fan of theater. It's pretty impressive how talented the actors are. They do have to do a lot more with less (compared to actors in movies). I am taking my daughter to see The Lion King in NYC next month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan