The wrong photography niche

PictureHub

In photography, it is possible to be a jack of all trades. However, choosing a niche helps keep photographers focused, allowing them to maximize their potential. All the same, identifying the right niche can be a challenge!

Pixels

It is much easier to excel in one niche rather than concentrating on many. I think that a photographer should choose what they enjoy doing, based on their personality! For instance, landscape photography requires a lot of patience. Therefore, an impatient person may not like this niche!

Mobile 5

Some would say that the niche chooses you. Whatever comes naturally and easy to you in terms of "just knowing" what the right shot is. With me, it's outdoor shots.

Pixels

Some would say that the niche chooses you. Whatever comes naturally and easy to you in terms of "just knowing" what the right shot is. With me, it's outdoor shots.
I had never looked at it from your point of view. From the beginning, I have always loved nature. Now that you have mentioned it, I don't remember deciding to specialize in nature photography. It was just a matter of fitting in!

PerfectClick

I don't think there is anything like a wrong niche. A photographer can choose any specialty, but there are those that they have a better chance of succeeding in. Again, some prefer to try their hand in many areas before settling on one.

Culture Shot

At most, I think it's better to have two types of niche if it's interrelated with each other such as wildlife and storm photography. Engaging with both shouldn't be a problem since the environment would somehow be the same. The photographer can even learn something from each niche and apply it to either one.

Mentee

It's difficult to choose a niche, but I think it's worth the shot discovering it. Focusing on one thing means you'll have more time to hone your skills in that particular area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan