The use of space

Madhatter

Looks like films are taking place within some limited space e.g. beaches during covid-19. I wonder how difficult it is to film an entire movie with that limited space available. But it’s always good to see more films coming out soon. I guess we should appreciate the production more during this critical time.

Lighthouse

Beaches are a good idea, but let's take it a step further. Like.......more movies in the vein of Cast Away. If done right, movies set outdoors with 1 or a scant few actors could be very intense movies, and Covid need not worry about infecting the actors/actresses'.

Pixels

I see most movies having scenes merged from many different places. I guess you mean that COVID has made it less possible to explore more places and different sceneries? There has been an impact on the film industry as a whole, but perhaps 2021 will have more prospects!

ePIC

I've noticed that a few shows had to stop filming while one of the actors recovered from COVID-19. For instance, Robert Pattinson had the virus, so they had to stop filming Batman. I believe he's recovered since then. I imagine that filmmakers will need a big budget to cover this sort of scenario. Lots of starts and stops.

ShutterUp

I've noticed that a few shows had to stop filming while one of the actors recovered from COVID-19. For instance, Robert Pattinson had the virus, so they had to stop filming Batman. I believe he's recovered since then. I imagine that filmmakers will need a big budget to cover this sort of scenario. Lots of starts and stops.
Shooting films involves close interaction, and it is the reason most movies are on hold. I think that there is a great balancing act here, with production houses running the risk of incurring higher costs than initially anticipated. Hopefully, 2021 becomes more favorable.

Lighthouse

Hopefully, 2021 becomes more favorable.
It's looking like it will be. They are saying 100 million people could be vaccinated by March. I'll bet anything that the movie industry will lobby hard to make sure their people are vaccinated as soon as possible.

Derek

Beaches are a great place to shoot. You can use different angles. What you could also do is use different footage as a background. Is that a possibility? I am just thinking out loud :D

ShutterUp

It's looking like it will be. They are saying 100 million people could be vaccinated by March. I'll bet anything that the movie industry will lobby hard to make sure their people are vaccinated as soon as possible.
Hopefully, we can have many people vaccinated in the coming year so that we can have this pandemic behind us once and for all. The movie industry will most assuredly lobby because a lot of sectors have taken a hit due to this disruption.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc