The 'right' niche

ShutterUp

Do you feel like you are at the point where you've explored every photography niche and made up your mind about what suits you? I think that just like beginners, professional photographers can take a while to identify a specific style and master it. Your thoughts?

PictureHub

Whereas I have a specialty, I don't limit myself to a particular niche. A photographer's choice depends on many factors, but at times, the decision can be purely out of their control. Have you heard of those who followed in the path of their mentors?

PerfectClick

Whereas I have a specialty, I don't limit myself to a particular niche. A photographer's choice depends on many factors, but at times, the decision can be purely out of their control. Have you heard of those who followed in the path of their mentors?
I was just about to say that my mentor had some influence over the niche I chose. When you're learning the ropes under someone, you tend to follow in their footsteps. Choosing a specialty could help in perfecting a skill!

CreativeSet

Would you the right niche based on skill or the possibility of making more money? I could be a lover of nature but realize that I can make more money with wedding photography. Much as we may want to specialize, it is also advisable to be versatile.

Carrie

I don't think I am at that level to be able to choose a niche per se just yet. However, once I become more experienced, I think I would choose two to three to excel at. I would prefer to have a variety of clients.

ClickExpert

I don't think I am at that level to be able to choose a niche per se just yet. However, once I become more experienced, I think I would choose two to three to excel at. I would prefer to have a variety of clients.
Every photographer's journey is unique, so it doesn't matter what option you choose. Some don't necessarily confine themselves to a niche. Over time, you'll be able to make that decision.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc