The red eye effect

Vivid

We all (occasionally) come across this in our photos and agree that it can ruin excellently snapped photos. Which one is easier for you to do: reducing the chances of red-eye effect or learning ways of removing it at an instant?

Beck

Reducing the chances. Typically more background light will do it. When I was younger though I tried on purpose to get that look because I thought it was really cool.

Now I think it's really annoying. LOL

Markshot 12

I always thought it was the flash. Either way, more light would offset it.

The trick is, getting that effect when you want it, not when you don't.

Len S

I don't think you can remove something like that in an instant. Or at all for that matter, unless you have some mad photo shopping skills.

LifeCaptured

Some cameras are designed to automatically account for that, and they seem to do a good job of it. Other than that it's all about lighting.

ShutterUp

I always thought it was the flash. Either way, more light would offset it. The trick is, getting that effect when you want it, not when you don't.
Same here; I mean, most people still assume it is the flash that causes it. It is easier to learn how to prevent this effect rather than (possibly) ruin the photos afterward. I guess it would be more convenient if all cameras had this capability?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc