The Oscars!

Amanda Louise

Did any of the Oscar wins this year surprise you? I was pleasantly surprised that Chloe Zhao's Nomadland took the top prize. I was also surprised that Soul won best animated feature. I really thought Onward would take the prize in that category.

Vivid

Every year, there is usually an Oscar win that catches most people by surprise. I didn't manage to watch this year's awards because of work commitments, but I will spare time and watch a recorded version.

Paul Stevens

I didn't watch it, but I heard it was disjointed and poorly organized. Maybe the big awards shows have been phoning it in since the pandemic meant there'd be no crowd.

Amanda Louise

I didn't watch it, but I heard it was disjointed and poorly organized. Maybe the big awards shows have been phoning it in since the pandemic meant there'd be no crowd.
I heard that this Oscars ceremony was one of the lowest rated. I wouldn't be surprised if that's because there isn't a crowd and the ceremony isn't as exciting without them.

CreativeSet

I heard that this Oscars ceremony was one of the lowest rated. I wouldn't be surprised if that's because there isn't a crowd and the ceremony isn't as exciting without them.
I would attribute the poor ratings to the lack of an audience. Is it that this year's Oscars didn't generate enough excitement or, I just missed the hype? I will spare time and watch a recorded version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc