The Nebula Awards

SushiRoll

As a huge fan of science fiction and fantasy, I watch the Nebula awards closely. This year, an episode of The Good Place and an episode of The Mandalorian are two of the six film productions in consideration for the screen writing award. Does anyone else follow the Nebulas? Who do you think will win in this category?

LifeCaptured

I only became aware of it through a blog about The Mandalorian, so I assumed it was something new. I was dead wrong! The Nebula awards have been a thing for decades and are popular within the sci-fi community. I must've been hiding under a rock.

Markshot 12

I have heard of them sporadically through the years, but never paid close attention. Sci-Fi isn't my thing too much. (X-Files excluded)

However, that type of awards ceremony does sound like it would be more fun than the others.

JamesinJ

Are the Nebula awards the same thing as the Hugo awards? I've heard of both of them before, but I was never sure if they are two separate awards or not.

Regardless, it's always wonderful when artists are recognized for their hard work!

SushiRoll

Are the Nebula awards the same thing as the Hugo awards? I've heard of both of them before, but I was never sure if they are two separate awards or not.

Regardless, it's always wonderful when artists are recognized for their hard work!

Great question! Hugos and Nebulas are two separate awards, by two different organizations. They both highlight the best fantasy and science fiction of the previous year. Both of them have a category for film projects.

JamesinJ

Great question! Hugos and Nebulas are two separate awards, by two different organizations. They both highlight the best fantasy and science fiction of the previous year. Both of them have a category for film projects.
That makes sense! Thanks for answering that question! :)
Do you know when they'll announce the winners? I looked at the Nebula nominees, and I saw that Birds of Prey: And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn was nominated! I enjoyed that film a lot, so I'm hoping it wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc