The first camera ever

CreativeSet

Have you ever marveled at the workings of the pinhole camera that was invented by the Chinese philosopher Mo-Ti? Aristotle embraced this idea and used it to observe solar eclipses. The original camera underwent changes and new inventions over the years. What modifications do you foresee could happen to the current camera in the future?

Paul Stevens

It is amazing, isn't it? When I first got into photography I was a young boy and it was a big deal to have a camera and a roll of film. I was very choosy with what I shot because the film had to be developed and I couldn't waste it. Digital photography sure turned that around. Now I snap thousands of photos and can easily delete a third of them while developing my favorites. It's amazing! I'm not sure what the future holds, but I'm happy to come along for the ride.

Vid Syd

A camera that you can not only stream live videos from into a You Tube channel (for example) but have the voice of a person in that video speak a different language in real time.

Wouldn't that be cool?

Flair

My first camera was a Zenit SLR, in the 1980s. It was a heavy Russian 35mm camera, very clunky and it didn't take great pictures.
But it was all manual, so it was great for learning about shutter speeds, exposure times focal lengths and so on.
I believe that Zenit are now working with Leica to manufacture better quality cameras.

Holly23

It’s kind of interesting to think about how photos and photography will change in the future. I like to believe the essence of photography is capturing the emotions, feelings, and preventing precious moments from slipping away from our memories. If it’s the case, we might possibly see the development of photography towards the direction of “realness” that should maximise the capability of allowing the audience to indulge, again, in the scenery and emotions happened in the past. Of course, The development of technology is a key here.

CreativeSet

It’s kind of interesting to think about how photos and photography will change in the future. I like to believe the essence of photography is capturing the emotions, feelings, and preventing precious moments from slipping away from our memories. If it’s the case, we might possibly see the development of photography towards the direction of “realness” that should maximise the capability of allowing the audience to indulge, again, in the scenery and emotions happened in the past. Of course, The development of technology is a key here.
There is a lot that is possible in the future, depending on how far technology can take us. Photography's main aim is to create memories, and what better way to do this than to prevent precious moments from slipping away?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc