Still pushing COVID rules?

Rachel

It's never going away, is it? So, how are you adjusting professionally? Are you guys still pushing requirements with your clients, like proving vaccinations, social distancing, and such?

Markshot 12

Yes. I still take it seriously. Not to downplay the virus, but I take it seriously as I do the flu every time flu season comes around.

I don't like getting sick.

Darlene

Oh absolutely! I always keep my distance from the clients or whoever I'm working with. The problem is that people started getting so used to the virus that it's becoming a norm. It's still a pandemic, and it's still dangerous.

Rachel

Okay, I appreciate hearing you guys say that. I've gotten some pushback from a couple of clients, and thought I might be overzealous in still pushing for vaccinations and social distancing.

Mobile 5

It's morphing into an endemic at this point. It's been around long enough with different strains that our systems are naturally fighting it off now.

Carlhue

It's going to be just another flu in my opinion. Periodic vaccines for new strains, take your basic medicines, stay clean and healthy, eat well, etc.......

We'll be fine.

Rapp

Our mandates are almost gone. I leave it up to the clients if they want to "mask up". The only requirement here now for masks are hospitals and schools. I don't require them anymore.

Len S

I think most people are smart enough to do the right thing for themselves and others. Making mandates is just insulting people's intelligence, so I don't do it.

Josslyn

I agree Len. I do tell people if they are sick, cancel and reschedule. I have had this happen a few times. I would rather lose a sale and have some free time over getting sick. Our mandates here have really gotten much more lax too. I'm thankful for that!

Runner

Just be careful when reminding your clients of the Covid rules too. It's sad, but some aggressively react when asked to wear a mask, as I've seen on the news.

The Aire

I don't bring up the subject with clients. I'm vaccinated. I'm wearing a mask and keeping my distance. If they have COVID, I'm not getting it.

I'm not telling grown adults how to behave in public.

Culture Shot

I'm not telling grown adults how to behave in public.
Oh, well, this is something to think of when reminding people of the rules. Covid is very real, and it is still here. However, we'll have to maintain that decency by thoughtfully coordinating with clients.

Amanda Louise

I would be more likely to hire a photographer if they had strict COVID protocols in place and let me know about those protocols before the shoot. I have family members who are immunocompromised, so I take COVID very seriously and I would want to work with someone who feels the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc