Staying Healthy Mentally

WidestScreen

There has been a lot of attention lately put on mental health, and especially keeping mentally healthy in your workplace. I've noticed that some of my friends who started careers in film or photography have burned out and moved on to something else. How do you stay healthy mentally in this field?

ePIC

It's not easy to stay positive while trying to stay afloat financially and mentally. I try to take breaks when I can. I also try not to let negative client interactions get me down. I take the feedback offered, and I make adjustments, but I try not to let it ruin my day.

SamanthaL.

I'm limiting how often I am checking the news these days. It's helping my mental health tremendously. I'd like to say that I'm taking more breaks from work in order to spend time with family, but I just can't do it. I need to work and can't be too picky right now with clients.

Sweet Takes

This is a great topic. I love how much attention is now given to mental health. I think that is the key is getting help and keeping mentally healthy.
I too, don't watch the news very often. I have cleaned up my personal FB page, I don't follow negative people. I also try to "pamper" myself which helps me stay mentally focused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc