Sounds of nature

Josslyn

I am working on a few short films and I am experimenting with the sounds of nature. It has been fun so far but I have not gotten it just right. I like the sound of the water running and birds chirping. At night I have incorporated coyotes howling back and forth. Anyone else experiment with the sound of nature?

TruthSeeker

They're decent side effects for abstract films or works that are lean on the fantasy genre. Recording them is a fantastic idea, in general, even if you don't have any plans of putting in a video.

Josslyn

I agree, that is why I am working on this more and more. Have you ever sat in the dark, outside, and listened to the coyotes? It is certainly an eerie sound. Even listening to it from the recording makes the hair on my arms stand up.

Runner

If you live on the coast or anywhere near the sea, it would be wonderful to record their sounds. Documenting the sound of different birds might complement that. I always love it when I hear birds in the morning.

Carlhue

Rain. I love the sound of rain. Along with the sounds of the wind rustling the leaves of trees......It doesn't get much better than that.

Josslyn

I too love the sound of wind and rustling leaves! That makes me want fall! I will have to rake up a bunch of leaves and have the children run through them and record the sound. Thank you for the suggestion.

TruthSeeker

I agree, that is why I am working on this more and more. Have you ever sat in the dark, outside, and listened to the coyotes? It is certainly an eerie sound. Even listening to it from the recording makes the hair on my arms stand up.
Even without the coyotes, being outside in the dark exposed you to various sounds, especially if you're living in a rural area. With minimal lights, it's like you could hear things and not know their source.

JamesinJ

I think crickets and other insect sounds are a subtle night sound. I think that a coyote howl could be overpowering in certain circumstances. Not saying that that would be a bad thing necessarily, if that's what you're going for!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc