Some Older Movies Are Way Better

Carrie

Do you guys also think that some older sci-fi movies have better special effects than some of the new ones? One example that comes to mind is the Alien saga.

Thoughts?

LifeCaptured

No way! The older films were super cheesy. Don't get me wrong, I still like them and think many older films are masterful, but technology has made films more believable today.

EyeView

There are older movies I like, but not the science fiction ones. The acting there seemed so scripted, and the props were corny. Sci-fi movies now are what I'd considered best because of the technology that enhances them.

Lily Stew

Speaking of older movies, have you guys watched Fight Club (1999)? That's one of the old films I respect, although it's not that old yet. I don't think sci-fi movies were that bad either. Props may not be that advanced then, but the scripts and messages of the films were heavy.

Stephen

I am not a professional or an expert to be able to comment on the special effects in old movies, but the sound used to be terrible. Have you ever experienced the volume going super high when music was playing, then it was so quiet when the actors started talking? It was so annoying :D

Terry

I am not a professional or an expert to be able to comment on the special effects in old movies, but the sound used to be terrible. Have you ever experienced the volume going super high when music was playing, then it was so quiet when the actors started talking? It was so annoying :D
Oh my goodness, I know right? I remember having to hold the remote in my hand throughout the movie to kind of control the volume every time it went up and down LOL!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc