Sleigh!

Sweet Takes

I've been asked to take family photos outdoors, but they want a sleigh or a horse/buggy. Anyone done this? How did you make it if you didn't have access to either?

Paul Stevens

I've made cardboard cutouts before. I traced a pattern onto the cardboard and cut it out myself with the same tools I use to carve a pumpkin. It works great if they're willing to go for that look. It isn't the most realistic sleigh, though.

ePIC

Have you tried looking around your town? In my area, lots of shops have sleighs set up for folks to use it as a backdrop for their candid photos. Maybe you'll get lucky, too.

Rachel

I bought a used model for a decent price, but I use it fairly often for wedding photos. If you pick up some more clients who want a sleigh photo, then it's worth looking for a used model. I made my money back fairly quickly. I know this might not apply to your situation, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Sweet Takes

I was lucky in that I found a local farmer that had one. He was gracious enough to pull it outside and let me use it.
I never thought about a cardboard cutout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc