Sky Arts Master Of Photography

Chappel

Has anyone been watching this series, the Sky Arts Master Of Photography? It is in its 4th season, and the winner is awarded 100,000 euros. I'm not sure if the series is only available in Europe, but I'm going to catch up with it on the Sky website, these guys must surely be the elite of photographers.

ZoomShot

I am going to try to go through all these episodes, if I can find the time. The first episode of season 1 is presented by Isabella Rossellini, in which the contestants are asked to photograph Rome. Other episodes include Berlin, Ireland, and The Body!

Chappel

I have just found something interesting about the second season of this competition. The final challenge was called "Human Landscape" in which the task was to visit an indigenous community and capture their lifestyle and traditions. However, Souvid Datta, one of the contestants, focused on one character, Erik. It transpired that one of the photographs he entered in the competition was not of Erik at all, but of himself!
1datta.jpg

He staged the photograph because his subject, Erik, had already left. Bizarrely, after his admission he still went on to reach the final three of the competition! Here is the photograph.

Chappel

This story gets better! The main judge of this episode was Steve McCurry. Although Steve is no doubt a great and very brave photographer, he has himself been the subject of controversy concerning photographic manipulation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc