Shooting in RAW

Editor

RAW, as we all know, is a file format that captures all image data recorded by the sensor when taking a photo. Fortunately, many cameras these days have this capability. How was the learning process for you, and can you comfortably shoot photos in this format?

Paul Stevens

I'm honestly a better videographer than I am a photographer, but I'm comfortable shooting in RAW format. The thing with shooting in RAW format is that you can always clean up the image later. It isn't some magical thing though. It won't automatically make your images better.

LifeCaptured

I'm fine with shooting in RAW format, but I prefer JPEG honestly. It takes up less storage and is quicker. Both formats have their pros and cons I guess.

ePIC

I could actually use some tips for the best way to capture images in RAW format if you guys have any to share. Is RAW format always the preferred file format?

Rachel

With modern cameras is it still beneficial to expose to the right so that you're overexposing and will have better highlights? I'm still doing that, but didn't want to offer that up as a tip to ePic if it's no longer useful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc