Scammers

Dominique

Have you ever gotten scammed by someone pretending to be a client but turned out to be totally fake? A friend of mine recently had something like this happen to him. He worked for weeks on a project, and in the end the "client" just stopped communicating. Do you require a part of the money upfront before starting? What's the best way to avoid this?

Fairytale Studios

Yes, when I was first starting out. They were just trying to get free photos. In the end they just wasted my time. I began charging a sitting fee after that. I wave the fee once the parents pay for a video or photo package. I'm sorry to hear that happened to your friend! That sounds awful!

Mandy

I'm sorry to hear that. It's easier to get scammed, especially with online transactions. Having an upfront payment will make it more reassuring. Don't let your hard work get to waste. It's unfortunate that artists sometimes even get asked to make something for free.

Dominique

Yes, when I was first starting out. They were just trying to get free photos. In the end they just wasted my time. I began charging a sitting fee after that. I wave the fee once the parents pay for a video or photo package. I'm sorry to hear that happened to your friend! That sounds awful!
I am sorry it happened to you too! It really baffles me how someone could ever do such a thing. How can they live with themselves?

Kuki

Oh wow! That is absolutely horrible! I would never get started on a project if I don't get at least a minimum of 35-40% of the full price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc