Sanitizing Equipment

Photo Arts

I got asked this just today by a new client. He wanted to know about my sanitization policy. Truthfully, I don't have one. I didn't know that was a thing. Are you guys actually sanitizing your cameras, lights, etc.? I didn't know that was a thing.

SamanthaL.

Well, I don't think that's what they meant you to do. It's about sanitizing the things that our customers touch or wear that we own, like our props, our body drapes, and items of that nature. Those are things you were probably doing before, and thought nothing of it. The customers never considered the issue until the pandemic forced them to become more aware of how germs are spread. So now they ask about it.

Samantha has a good point, but if it's a school group or an event that's geared towards children, then they might be more worried about lice than the coronavirus. I've dealt with safety/sanitization language, and that's what they're usually concerned about. My husband and I own a family studio. We simply don't use the things that could harbor those critters. We don't use hats or wigs. Furthermore, we regularly steam the clothing.

Photo Arts

Oh, wow, boy do I feel foolish now. Thanks for helping me out! I'm glad I read your replies before I called the client again.

Davey

It happens to us all, Photo Arts. Think nothing of it. If you're ever facing a contract with weird language that you don't believe applies to your business, just mark it out, initial it, fill out the rest, then send it in. I learned that tip from another professional who's done this for years. Apparently, lots of non-profits and small businesses use robo contract forms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc