Real-life Couples

Lily Stew

Isn't it easier to shoot romantic scenes when two people are in a relationship in real life? It's more natural for them, there's no awkwardness, and the feelings are real. Problems are still a probability, though, since they can bring the problem to work. What do you think of real-life couples on set?

Derek

Yes, I guess. It could be better to have a romantic scene with your significant other, but then again, I wouldn't want to see them at work and at home. This is my personal opinion though, and I am not an actor :D

Dominique

Isn't it easier to shoot romantic scenes when two people are in a relationship in real life? It's more natural for them, there's no awkwardness, and the feelings are real. Problems are still a probability, though, since they can bring the problem to work. What do you think of real-life couples on set?
I agree that it would be much easier if they are a couple on real life, but imagine if they had a really bad fight the night before? LOL That would be so awkward!

Mentee

Why does it seem like there'd be more trouble than advantages? That's how I see it, even though the feelings would be actual. These real-life couples may even add unnecessary pressure because of the expectations they have for each other.

The Aire

Personally, I think it would be a little awkward. Taking directions from a director for something that comes naturally........I don't think I could do it.

LifeCaptured

I don't know; I've always thought that Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise looked awkward together on film once they became an official couple. Other couples pull it off better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan