Raising money through screening?

LifeCaptured

The pandemic has hit so many non-profit organizations hard, so I was thinking about hosting a fundraiser through the screening of a short film and donating the money to an artistic/creative charity. The film is about 30 minutes long and it follows an elderly couple (the husband the caregiver for his wife who has dementia). It has a positive message and it concludes on a high note. Do you think people would be willing to pay to screen something like that? All proceeds would go to a charitable artistic organization (haven't chosen one yet).

Darlene

I think they would. There many crowdfunding sites that you could check out. KickStarter and GoFundMe are two that I can think of at the moment. But I'm sure you can find more. You would be surprised at how much some projects get funded!

Fairytale Studios

Do you think people would be willing to pay to screen something like that? All proceeds would go to a charitable artistic organization (haven't chosen one yet).
Yes, but since the film is about dementia, then I could see viewers expecting the money to go to an organization that's centered around the disease. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. You'll still get eyes on your project.

Culture Shot

People will pay for that as long as they see it worthy, which I think it is. I advised that you include what kind of organization the money will go to so that viewers will have a better picture of their charity work.

LifeCaptured

Wow, you guys came through! Those are all great suggestions! I have some time before it's supposed to run, and I'll be applying many of your tips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan