Professionalism

Mentee

I just wonder how people would manage to act in the same film or movie if they have a bad personal relationship. That would take a lot of self-composure and professionalism. In producing meaningful work, the chemistry among people in the set would be very important. It's amazing how people would manage to remain focused when they have bad blood towards their co-workers in the set since acting is about feelings and emotions.

Reel Media

It has happened many times over and sometimes it's a flop and sometimes it works out. I could work with anyone, but would find it tough if they were just outright cruel.

PictureHub

I have never thought about such a thing. Like you say, professionalism requires people to work together, despite any differences they may have. Do you have an example of such a movie?

Mentee

I have never thought about such a thing. Like you say, professionalism requires people to work together, despite any differences they may have. Do you have an example of such a movie?
Not a movie but there's Vampire Diaries for example, where some of the actors couldn't stand each other. Other than that I think it happens a lot in general where people even have to work with their exes.

TheBlueElephant

I think that when actors care about the film and want to produce a quality project, it's easier to put aside any negative feelings toward co-workers. I've been in situations before when I've put aside bad blood or a bad personal relationship to make a project successful. I can't imagine it's different for actors.

Starry

It should be expected of actors and actresses to be able to manage their emotions once on set since it's something that they've decided beforehand. But if it happens to be their bad day, then things might not run smoothly. That would affect the whole set so I think it remains a responsibility to act professionally.

Vivid

Ultimately, actors and actresses are professionals. They should be able to perform their respective roles without letting their differences get in the way of their work. I believe that directors and producers exist to prevent such disruptions and hindrances.

Magz

I don't normally follow celebrity news or gossip, but I have heard of many instances where actors didn't see eye to eye, but still managed to pull it off during the shooting.

Carrie

I am not an actress, but I am not sure if I would be completely comfortable working with someone I have serious problems with. I really don't know how they do it LOL.

SushiRoll

Wasn't there a situation in a popular TV show where two of the actors couldn't appear in the same scene together, because of some sort of bad blood between the two of them? I don't remember the name of the show, but I think it was a crime drama.

Kuki

Wasn't there a situation in a popular TV show where two of the actors couldn't appear in the same scene together, because of some sort of bad blood between the two of them? I don't remember the name of the show, but I think it was a crime drama.
I have heard about that too, but I don't remember the show either. I did however read somewhere that there were some serious bullying problems between Teri Hatcher and Eva Longoria in Desperate Housewives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc