Powerful footage

Paul Stevens

Darnella Frazier is a teenager who filmed the arrest and subsequent death of George Floyd at the hands of disgraced ex-cop, Derek Chauvin. Chauvin was found guilty this past week of all three charges, and it's arguable that it wouldn't have happened without her powerful footage. What other compelling footage is out there that has changed or defined our understanding of events?

Rachel

@Paul Stevens, Darnella was brave to take the footage, and she did a great job!

I think the treasure trove of footage that we saw while some Trump supporters stormed the Capitol in order to stop Congress from certifying the election fits the bill. It bothered me when I saw it on the news, but I had no idea that it was planned out like it was, that it was meant to be violent, and that they actually did a ton of damage. I was shocked to learn that some of the insurrectionists urinated and defecated in the halls and on the politicians' desks. I was surprised to see some American flags replaced with Confederate flags and Nazi flags. I never would've believed that so many of them would physically brutalize the police until I saw it for myself. I think many Americans were shocked and the footage made what that happened that day impossible to deny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc