Portraits of Government Officials

TheBlueElephant

Recently, the official portraits of the new US President and Vice President were released. I can't imagine how lucky someone has to be to be selected for that job. Also, it has to be a very high pressure, high stakes job! I don't know if I could handle it.

PictureHub

The White House usually has a resident photographer on retainer. They follow the President everywhere he goes. I assume that they are paid well because of the amount of work involved!

Willa

I didn't even know that this was a job that someone has! I know that the current president has a dog. I'd struggle not to take pictures of the dogs, even though I'm supposed to be aiming my camera at the people! :ROFLMAO:

ShutterUp

I didn't even know that this was a job that someone has! I know that the current president has a dog. I'd struggle not to take pictures of the dogs, even though I'm supposed to be aiming my camera at the people! :ROFLMAO:
Dogs seem to like pictures too. Being the White House's official photographer is an exciting job but depends on the nature of the office-bearer. Can you imagine having a boss who doesn't fancy photos?

I think that this would be a really interesting job! You'd get to travel to a lot of interesting places and take pictures of a lot of interesting people. And, you'd be able to get to know the President a little bit! I think that it would be a neat opportunity!

TheBlueElephant

The White House usually has a resident photographer on retainer. They follow the President everywhere he goes. I assume that they are paid well because of the amount of work involved!
That's really interesting! I didn't know that someone did that explicitly for a living. I would love to see what an official photoshoot looks like. Do you know if the official photographer changes with the administration?

Willa

Dogs seem to like pictures too. Being the White House's official photographer is an exciting job but depends on the nature of the office-bearer. Can you imagine having a boss who doesn't fancy photos?
It would be so stressful if the president didn't like photos! It would definitely make the job much harder than it needs to be. On top of the pressure of photographing a world leader, you also have a world leader who doesn't want to be photographed!

ShutterUp

It would be so stressful if the president didn't like photos! It would definitely make the job much harder than it needs to be. On top of the pressure of photographing a world leader, you also have a world leader who doesn't want to be photographed!
Contrast this with a President who is photogenic and understands the intricacies of photography. Who wouldn't want such a job? I think based on the nature of the presidency, the selection process considers than just photography prowess.

Mentee

I think based on the nature of the presidency, the selection process considers than just photography prowess.
There would probably be a lot of background checks on the photographer they would hire. When I think about this, you can get pressure for no reason, even if you have a clean criminal record. I wonder how they decide, though.

Len S

I always assumed you had to know the right people to get a gig like that. Vetting someone is a lot easier if they are already somewhat known within those tight circles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan