Portraits of Children

take1

Our daughter turned three last July, but this is the age when children are at their most difficult to take photographs of. It is not just the fact that they never want to keep still, but also they have the tendency to come round and want to look through the viewfinder whenever a camera is pointed at them. Has anyone else noticed this?

We still have not arranged her third birthday pictures! We wonder whether there are any photographers out there that specialize in toddlers, or whether to just give up.

Rachel

These used to be so common, didn't they? I remember when Sear's Photo Studio used to be a big thing at the mall. Now it's getting harder to find a pro who takes photos of families and children.

Fairytale Studios

Children are my specialty. You have to get the child in the right mood in order to for it to work when they're that young. You need to time it just right, when the toddler isn't overly tired or hungry. Act like it's super exciting to get your photo taken and really get them pumped. Don't stick them in an outfit that's terribly uncomfortable or you'll wind up fighting the kiddo the whole time and will end up with pictures of a grumpy toddler. There are plenty of pros out there who can help you. A good pro should be able to put your child at ease. Check Yelp for reviews of a family portrait studio or ask for recommendations amongst the parents you know. Children can be really fun to work with!

The Aire

We wonder whether there are any photographers out there that specialize in toddlers, or whether to just give up.
Oh no, don't give up. I'm sure there are more than usual these days. Everyone wants to get, or already has, a side hustle. So if you want a photographer for this purpose, just get the word out in the right places and you should get swamped with offers soon enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc