PMW-200

ePIC

I've used this camera for the past month to shoot wildlife footage. It's a lightweight camera that is workable, but it doesn't stand out for its specs. Instead, what it really has going for itself is that it's backwards compatible with all other XDCAM formats and workflows. Plus, you can use many of the same accessories, memory cards, and batteries that worked on their older models. Those are big perks, in my opinion, and it's what sold me on the camera.

Vivid

It is a great camera that gives excellent picture quality, commendable image stabilization, with good performance in low light. Better than your average camera, Sony's PMW-200 is suitable for lightweight field use. What was its purchase price?

Paul Stevens

I haven't tried this one out, but it sounds like a good camera from what I've read about it. Sony's cameras can be hit or miss quality wise, so I usually stick with Canon's line of cameras.

PerfectClick

I haven't tried this one out, but it sounds like a good camera from what I've read about it. Sony's cameras can be hit or miss quality wise, so I usually stick with Canon's line of cameras.
Sony has a range of quality cameras, and the PMW-200 is no exception. The Canon XA40 can be an alternative for someone looking to spend less. Which other camcorders can you recommend?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc