Piracy

Silva

What is your stance on piracy? I am sure most of us have downloaded a movie or a song at some point in their lives. But being part of the industry now, how would you feel if someone downloaded your work illegally?

Last edited:

Rachel

Piracy of my work? How dare you! Piracy of other peoples' work? Eh, who am I to judge? I suppose that makes me a bit of a bad person. I don't engage in piracy, personally, so at least there's that.

Mentee

It's not good for business, but I'm not totally against it. Somehow, it's one of the ways that information is disseminated and makes the film more inclusive. I won't opt for illegally downloading independent movies, though, if it'll negatively impact their work on a big scale.

Terry

I know I have downloaded at least one song in my life illegally. With that being said, I don't think I would like it if someone stole my work.

ePIC

It's not the most ethical stance, but I see a big difference between downloading stuff from big players like Sony and Paramount versus downloading stuff from small, independent creators.

SamanthaL.

It doesn't bother me. The people who take my work without paying for it are unlikely to spend money on it anyway, so it's not like I'm really losing out. I would be upset if they were making money off my work. That's pretty unlikely though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan