Photoshop or Lightroom

Pixels

As much as we have many tools to choose from when editing photos, these two are the most popular. Which one of them is better or easy to use? I have used them both and find it hard to rank them alongside each other!

Vivid

I feel that this a question that most photographers cannot give a straight answer to, though many of them suggest using both tools alongside each other. No one figures out the little tricks and tips overnight, and so continuous practice eventually yields the desired results.

cassie

I have looked into this. Photoshop can go further than Lightroom when it comes to the tiniest details, like editing at pixel level. It can also do things like make a person look thinner. ( This could be good for me if I make a self-portrait! ) I think we have all seen poor Photoshop work that can make a photo look ridiculous, so care is needed when using it.

The Aire

With either one you have to pay attention to detail if you want it to be realistic. I'm sure there are millions of photos on the net that are photo-shopped and you could never guess.

Pixels

I have looked into this. Photoshop can go further than Lightroom when it comes to the tiniest details, like editing at pixel level. It can also do things like make a person look thinner. ( This could be good for me if I make a self-portrait! ) I think we have all seen poor Photoshop work that can make a photo look ridiculous, so care is needed when using it.
Photoshop carries the day in terms of functionality and complexity. It takes a while to master the fine details in comparison to Lightroom. Either way, it is hard to separate the two in terms of superiority because no two tools can ever be the same!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc