Phone Cameras

JamesinJ

Does the community think that eventually, phone cameras will eclipse professional cameras? I've seen some beautiful photos taken on phone cameras. It makes me wonder if there'll still be a need for photographers in twenty years, if everyone has their own camera in their pocket.

Fairytale Studios

I don't believe they'll ever put video cameras out of the market, but digital cameras are another story. The technology in smart phones is moving ever forward.

PerfectClick

It may happen if there will be smartphones specifically manufactured for photography purposes. Therefore this means that professional cameras are here to stay. The only problem is that they aren't getting any cheaper.

Willa

I think that eventually, phone cameras will push out the need for digital cameras. But I think that the improving quality of smartphone cameras will push professional cameras to become better. Innovation spurs innovation!

EyeView

If smartphone cameras upgrade, won't it affect their prices too? Maybe in time, new photographers will have to face a dilemma between choosing a phone and a camera. It'll be beneficial though for people who would like to do freelance photography.

PerfectClick

If smartphone cameras upgrade, won't it affect their prices too? Maybe in time, new photographers will have to face a dilemma between choosing a phone and a camera. It'll be beneficial though for people who would like to do freelance photography.
The prices will go up, and manufacturers will have to weigh their options. Several people buy smartphones based on camera specifications, while others don't pay much attention. However, I don't see the DSLR having a competing rival in a smartphone anytime soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc