Own A Piece Of History

Mobile 5

The Nikon F6 SLR is going to be the last in the series. It's a trusted brand and, if you have the disposable income, get one for posterity's sake. if anything, it will be a conversation piece in 10 years.

I hear that it's a good segue-way into digital if you're new to this.

Editor

The Nikon F6 is a gem, something I would love to own in the long term. I borrowed it once for a shoot, and the exposures were both vivid and perfect! At some point, I used old manual focus lenses but still didn't get disappointed. The color matrix meter will surely excite any photography enthusiast.

The Aire

I've heard the same thing about it, Mobile. Some people collect gems like these the way others collect paintings or books. I can see why, too.

Pixels

I have used several Nikon cameras over the years, and I've never been disappointed. What I like most about the F6 is that it logs all your data hence the ability to get instant EXIF data readout.

Mobile 5

I've heard the same thing about it, Mobile. Some people collect gems like these the way others collect paintings or books. I can see why, too.

Now I'm thinking about glass cases with appropriate lighting. Many of them with vintage cameras from different eras on display. Like museum pieces. I know a few people, if they had the funds, who would do that.

Portrait

Now I'm thinking about glass cases with appropriate lighting. Many of them with vintage cameras from different eras on display. Like museum pieces. I know a few people, if they had the funds, who would do that.
It is every photographer's dream to have a vintage collection and what a showcase that would be. Do you think that by Nikon announcing that the F6 SLR was going to be the last in the series, many people rushed to purchase it?

Pixels

Wow, this is a great idea. I think that it is every photographer's dream to have a vintage collection. Couple this with a few favorite photographs, and you get the perfect art gallery.

Paul Stevens

I like this idea. I own a few vintage pieces, @Pixels, but I only have them because I inherited them from my father who was also a professional photographer back in the day. I need to add more to my collection.

Portrait

I like this idea. I own a few vintage pieces, @Pixels, but I only have them because I inherited them from my father who was also a professional photographer back in the day. I need to add more to my collection.
Wow, in that case, you must have learned a lot from your father. I am looking at a way to collect my favorite cameras and store them alongside my favorite photos. It will be marvelous to look at my favorite pieces (in the future) and reminisce!

Holly23

It‘s always good to collect something you like for your collection. I mean, I’m sure you don’t want to regret not purchasing later on. Personally I’m not very into the series but I see your point.

Carlhue

Last in the line or not, if it's well made and can last for a dozen years or so it can remain a starter for digital camera use.

Beck

I am looking at a way to collect my favorite cameras and store them alongside my favorite photos.
I really like that idea, I never thought of doing that before. It would be a great conversation starter and could showcase your talents as they improve through the years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc