Over the top stunts

Sweet Takes

I've seen some movies where the stunts were just "unbelievable", over-the-top. How do you find a happy medium so people believe the movie more? I'd hate to lose viewers because the stunts are crazy.

EyeView

The scene's context is vital so that the unbelievable stunt doesn't appear overly done. It's not fun watching, for example, when one character is too powerful for the enemies. The audience becomes more captivated by a story when there's a struggle involved.

TruthSeeker

The audience becomes more captivated by a story when there's a struggle involved.
Exactly! I like action movies with a story containing rivals instead of a protagonist that seems to know it all. Thinking back, stunts involving jumping between buildings are a flop when the distance isn't realistic anymore.

The Aire

The audience becomes more captivated by a story when there's a struggle involved.
I'm sure that's what the producers of "Happy Days" thought when making the now infamous "Jumping The Shark" episode. They didn't realize just how unrealistic the whole thing was, and how ridiculous it would look because of that. It was so bad, that's how we got the term Jumping The Shark.

The happy medium I suppose would be to keep it realistic. Could it happen in real life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc