Other people's opinions

Vivid

Feedback is useful, but at times, getting honest reviews can be a challenge. Have you ever come across excellent photos that still had one or two negative comments? How do you separate the two?

vlog2020

I guess if you are looking for very critical reviews of your photos, you could approach a publisher or an art gallery. They would be more likely to be honest than a group of fellow photographers, or friends. What they would be looking for, in my opinion, is originality and quality.

Portrait

I guess if you are looking for very critical reviews of your photos, you could approach a publisher or an art gallery. They would be more likely to be honest than a group of fellow photographers, or friends. What they would be looking for, in my opinion, is originality and quality.
Critical professional reviewers are great; they not only point out 'mistakes'; they also recommend better ways of improving. Fellow photographers can still offer other forms of support, though they, at times, can be biased.

ZoomShot

I do like creativity. The last photograph I took that I was pleased with was a portrait of my daughter as seen through a bubble! But I am bound to be biased on that one. So what is more important, the content of a photograph or the quality of it?

Pixels

I do like creativity. The last photograph I took that I was pleased with was a portrait of my daughter as seen through a bubble! But I am bound to be biased on that one. So what is more important, the content of a photograph or the quality of it?
I'd say both because no two photographers can be the same. You are bound to feel biased because you trust your ability, and that portrait could be the best photo that you have ever taken, but still, a few tips or digressing ideas or ideas from another pair of eyes can do the trick (at times).

ZoomShot

How about this for an idea? We could upload our photographs here, and all agree to give each other honest opinions of them. Of course, the resolution, size and quality might be compromised, so as I say. just an idea.

Portrait

How about this for an idea? We could upload our photographs here, and all agree to give each other honest opinions of them. Of course, the resolution, size and quality might be compromised, so as I say. just an idea.
It would be a great idea to do so, but as you say, quality could be compromised. I believe that honest feedback is necessary, though, at times, it becomes a challenge to tell what is genuine and what's not.

Beck

Feedback is useful, but at times, getting honest reviews can be a challenge. Have you ever come across excellent photos that still had one or two negative comments? How do you separate the two?

Consider the source. Meaning, if something has 10,000 positive reviews and 1 bad one, check into the person who gave it. Chances are you will find the person to be the type that wakes up looking for something to complain about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc