Omicron affecting travel

LifeCaptured

Just when I thought we might have this pandemic licked, a new variant comes along. I've seen on the news that the Omicron variant is affecting flight schedules across the world and some places are shutting down for business again. This can't be good for the film industry.

Fairytale Studios

I've seen where some shows have had to shut down. I guess too many members tested positive for COVID-19. It's such a shame. I wish them all a speedy recovery.

The Aire

The only way to "lick" this pandemic is to recognize that it is going to be an endemic in time. And the main reason for this is peoples' unwillingness to take vaccines. ___________________________________________________________________________________

The World Health Organization (WHO) declares a pandemic when a disease’s growth is exponential. This means growth rate skyrockets, and each day cases grow more than the day prior.

In being declared a pandemic, the virus has nothing to do with virology, population immunity, or disease severity. It means a virus covers a wide area, affecting several countries and populations.

An endemic is a disease outbreak that is consistently present but limited to a particular region. This makes the disease spread and rates predictable.

Malaria, for example, is considered an endemic in certain countries and regions.

Source

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some regions of the world understand this and willingly take the vaccine so the pandemic doesn't lead to an endemic. Japan comes to mind. The countries who don't see this are going to have to live with outbreak after outbreak. U.S.A. comes to mind.

Darlene

Just when I thought we might have this pandemic licked, a new variant comes along. I've seen on the news that the Omicron variant is affecting flight schedules across the world and some places are shutting down for business again. This can't be good for the film industry.
This can't be good for any industry really. The amount of people who act so irresponsibly is beyond me. I just don't get why they just refuse to take the necessary precautions.

Sweet Takes

It's affecting everything! Grocery store shelves are bare, gas prices are crazy and the list goes on and on. It's bad here again, I don't know if it will ever stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc