Nikon versus Canon

CreativeSet

Cameras from these models provide fantastic image quality, plus there are many other similarities with other brands. Have you ever delved into the main differences between them? For one, Nikon has superior low-light cameras, whereas Canon cameras give excellent video performance.

ClickExpert

There are countless quality brands, including Pentax and Sony, but most photographers opt for the models you have mentioned. I also think that most Nikons have more autofocus points than their Canon counterparts.

Fairytale Studios

I'm most familiar with Canon's line of cameras, so they feel like family at this point. I'm just more comfortable with sticking with what I know. I think they have a great rep for a reason.

SamanthaL.

Every brand has at least one or two great cameras in their line. It's just a matter of finding the gems and determining what works best for you.

CreativeSet

Every brand has at least one or two great cameras in their line. It's just a matter of finding the gems and determining what works best for you.
That's true. However, the brands stick to one or two unique features that set them apart. For instance (and though debatable), Nikon offers more built-in options for controlling off-camera flash. On the other hand, Canon's cameras often outperform their Nikon counterparts in terms of pixel count.

Last edited:

WidestScreen

From my experience, Canon has more lens options overall than Nikon. But both brands are great. I've used both and enjoyed using both! I'm certain that as I develop more as a photographer, I'll settle on a favorite.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan