Motivated by poorly snapped photos.

Vivid

I once read about a hiker who decided to pursue photography after a mountaineering escapade. As the photographer-designate, he snapped poor pictures that were also wrongly exposed. Afterward, he decided to pursue photography as a career and went to work with The Wall Street Journal, The Guardian newspapers, and Time magazine, among other publications.

PictureHub

Wow, I think there are countless stories like this, where one bad experience spurs an interest in something. I am sure this photographer always looks back and appreciates this incident that led to the success story.

LifeCaptured

That's pretty cool. I feel motivated to do better when I see poor shots as well. It actually doesn't matter who took the original picture. I feel driven to make it better.

Markshot 12

I guess he felt that he was so bad when he started, he had nowhere to go but up. LOL

I like stories like that. It gives us all hope that we can be experts in our field.

Magz

It is funny how bad experiences can give you the motivation to strive for the best! This is truly inspiring. Like PictureHub said, I bet he looks back and thinks about what pushed him to go so far.

Lighthouse

I like the "before and after" comparisons of when I started and where I'm at now. I've always had an eye for a good shot, but executing right is what gets better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan