Major Brand Upgrades On Hold

Carlhue

Back in October a fire broke out in a semiconductor factory in Japan. This factory made components crucial to the manufacture of cameras. Sony, Canon and Nikon are among the brands effected. This is why new rollouts are on hold and they say things may not get back to normal until a yea after the initial fire.

I just found out about this and thought I would share.

Was anyone planning on buying new for Christmas?

Derek

I didn't even read or hear about this. I was under the impression that any new products were on hold due to the Covid19 situation, and also because most people are on tight budgets.

Carlhue

Covid had a little to do with it, I'm sure, but according to the FStoppers article the fire is the main cause. I get updates in my emails.

Goldflash

And just in time for Christmas. How wonderful. 2020 has been one heck of a year, I'll tell ya.

Not much we can do but wait I guess. Thanks for sharing that friend, I wouldn't have known otherwise.

ClickExpert

The worrying thing is that the inferno raged for three straight days, meaning that the damage caused to the AKG audio-semiconductor factory must have been massive. Luckily, there were no casualties reported.

Goldflash

That is worrying, actually. Why let a fire like that burn itself out? Unless it was a total loss anyway by the time fire crews got to it.

ShutterUp

That is worrying, actually. Why let a fire like that burn itself out? Unless it was a total loss anyway by the time fire crews got to it.
It is sad to hear that the fire lasted for a whole 82 hours. A lot of top-pro audio manufacturers are already hurting, but hopefully, the situation won't last for too long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc