Maintenance tips

Editor

Acquiring a quality camera is one thing, whereas prolonging its lifespan is another. While the harmful effects include sand, dirt, dust, humidity, extreme hot or cold, smoke and water, among others, how best can these be kept in check?

Vid Syd

As far as humidity goes, keep it stored in a controlled environment when it's not being used. If what you're using is very sensitive to this condition, wait to use it when it's not humid.

ePIC

I think sand and other grit is the worst. I ruined a Cannon lens because I took photos at the beach during a storm and sand blew into the lens. It got in the cracks and really messed it up. Humidity though? I live in the humid South and it's never been a problem for me.

CreativeSet

I think sand and other grit is the worst. I ruined a Cannon lens because I took photos at the beach during a storm and sand blew into the lens. It got in the cracks and really messed it up. Humidity though? I live in the humid South and it's never been a problem for me.
I cannot imagine the feeling after ruining that lens; photographers so easily get attached to their equipment. Some cameras can withstand a range of conditions, but simple maintenance practices will improve functionality and durability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc