Loved ones in background

Sweet Takes

Have you seen these types of pictures? The ones with a deceased loved one in the clouds or in the corner of the picture (looking down)? What are your thoughts on them?

Davey

What? No, I can't say that I have. It sounds a little creepy. I can't say that I'd be up for something like that. Maybe it just depends on the person, though.

Paul Stevens

I've seen some that are really tasteful. Many of these have Jesus holding their loved one with the family in front. I support whatever helps someone heal, even though it's not something I'd want.

Goldflash

People can do pictures like this in different ways. Tasteful and loving to commemorate the loss of a loved one, or creepy and dark for Halloween.

It's a fine line.

Sweet Takes

I have seen a few of them and at first I thought it was creepy. One of my good friends just showed me a picture of their nephew on a tractor with the grandfather looking down from the clouds.

Rapp

Oh, I have seen those. I don't care for them, but to each their own. I find them just a bit creepy. I'm all for having pictures of your deceased loved ones. I just find it odd when they are intermingled with people.

Carlhue

People do it because if the loved one is still in their hearts, they are still with them. They want a photograph to reflect that, so I don't see anything wrong with it.

Josslyn

I don't see anything wrong with it. I have never had anyone ask me to do this. I'm pretty sure that I would never want a photo like this. It is kind of eerie to me.

Darlene

I have never seen anything like this either. I guess everyone has their own way of dealing with loss and their own way of grieving and healing. To each their own.

Amanda Louise

This is a new concept for me! I don't think I, personally, would want one. But I wouldn't tell someone else not to have one. It does sound like a unique way to keep a passed family member close to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc