Lending your equipment

CreativeSet

Do you have people who come to you to borrow a camera lens, tripod or camera, and so on? I don't usually lend my equipment unless to photographers I trust. There's the usual risk of equipment getting damaged while in use by others. How do you handle such scenarios?

Portrait

It is risky to lend photographic equipment since they are delicate and need handling with care. I only borrow from photographers known to me, only when the need arises. How do rental companies deal with such situations?

Pixels

I always say that you should lend what you are willing to lose. Photography equipment is fragile, and not everyone will be as careful as yourself. I only make exceptions for people well known to me.

Kuki

I have a rule when it comes to this. I never lend my equipment and I never borrow other people's tools either. It's just too risky and really expensive.

Plankton

I'll be picky about what to lend and only to the people I trust. It's hard to suddenly lose a piece of equipment especially when a project is coming up.

Editor

I have a rule when it comes to this. I never lend my equipment and I never borrow other people's tools either. It's just too risky and really expensive.
I also don't believe in borrowing or lending equipment. It is better to purchase and keep your own, however long it takes. I often wonder how rental companies cover this risk?

Rachel

I have allowed people to borrow from the past. It hasn't bitten me in the behind either. I usually put a time limit on it though. I've had people loan to me too.

CreativeSet

I think it is better if a photographer is self-reliant. I only borrow from people known to me and who are dependable too. However long it takes, target to have the most basic equipment in your possession.

Markshot 12

Cameras are like spouses. If you can't keep your own, you can't borrow mine. LOL

But seriously, that is a big no from me. My equipment is not for sale or lend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pippercc